Thursday, July 22, 2010

Slowly But Surely

I feel like I've been stalling a bit, and I have 220 in mind as a goal as much as I had 250 targeted last month.  Or was it the month before?  I guess I should be troubled that I don't even know!

I'm down to 221 as of this morning, so I've only got a LEETLE way to go to reach this goal, but the pounds certainly aren't coming off as quickly as they once were.  I get little echoes of hunger now and then too, but I'm more aware of my crankiness and blood sugar dropping than from actual emptiness of my tiny pouch.

I worry a little too because I can consume more -- yesterday I ate 1200 calories, and even though I'd worked out and been active, it was a bit worrying!! For dinner I was even able to eat all 6 of my avocado rolls (which had disturbingly NO protein) and some of my thai veggie dumplings, mostly because all were soft and easy to chew/swallow, and therefore easy to eat.

Despite feeling like I've been hovering in the 220s for the last month (literally), everyone is telling me that I look thinner and smaller, so maybe I am just readjusting.  I have been going to the gym at least twice a week, and I do feel a lot more active and peppy and motivated. 

But the struggle continues.  I do feel like I'm not "doing things right" or else it would be better reflected in my weight loss.  I do have an appointment with my surgeon next week, and I'll be pleased to tell him this time that I am GETTING my protein and taking all my vitamins!  I am still eating out at nearly every meal, but that is really more my lifestyle than some surreptitious lack of adherence to the rules.

I hope too that my newfound commitment will be reflected in my blood results, because I know my last ones are just going to be a disaster.  I still feel somehow like I've booched and that I'm not losing as fast as I'm supposed to be, but I just have to continue and keep going forward.  We'll see what happens!

3 comments:

laurenlief said...

I think you're doing amazingly well. You'll definitely hit your goal for this month. And for next month. And for all the months after that! You're a protein rockstar, sucking down those bullets. Bleh.

Laura Darby said...

I might believe it if my next surgeon's appointment goes better, I think. Right now I am still in the haze of failure.

laurenlief said...

What failure? Losing almost 60 pounds is failure?