Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Beginnings in Size 16

Killian knows I've been taking all my vitamins every day now
So, there is nothing quite like being chastised by a man wearing a surgical cap.  And my doctor really did give me the hairy eyeball when I saw him last week.  I'd been eating mostly soup and soft foods, and not getting all of my vitamins, and basically being a chicken about putting things into my pouch.

Add in that my hair comes out in fistfuls because of my protein deficiency and I'm not being a good patient.  A lot of time surgeons are loathe to operate on "smart" people because they believe they've read all the literature and know everything and know better than the surgeon's instructions. 

How ashamed am I to admit that I have, essentially, been one of those people.  And in my own standard way, I refuse to complain about things over which I have control.  If I don't want to stall in my weight loss, and be tired and bald and vitamin deficient, then I need to change my damned attitude.

For the last week+, I have had a 42g Protein Bullet every day and taken ALL my vitamins.  That's two rounds (separated by several hours) of Multivitamin + Calcium Citrate, a Prilosec and a Polyiron.  I am actually seeing a difference in my energy levels, though my hair loss still feels pretty constant.

I am not dropping weight as fast as I did, but I am going to the gym and at least feeling like I am in control.  Which feels good.

I have also been doing something I promised myself I wouldn't: shopping.  I will be changing sizes so frequently it doesn't make sense, but I really needed new jeans since all of my current pairs just hang off me limply.  And while I was picking some out, I had a revelation.  I am a size 16 now.  I haven't fit into a 16 in probably 10 years, the closest being 2002 when I wore an 18.

Dresses, sure.  But jeans, never.  I am pear-shaped and needed the give down below.  But these jeans are a 16, and fit like a dream:



And that makes me feel great!!

No comments: