Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Bald Bride

I lose a lot of hair, usually. The joke is that I shed hair wherever I go, and that the more time someone spends with me the more of my hair accrues on their person.

Especially in their buttcracks.  Don't ask.

But I've noticed this month that my hair is definitely falling out faster, and when I feel my hair on my head it feels less thick.  No, I have not been getting my protein minimums every day -- and the more days that elapse without me getting my 70g of protein mean more days of hair loss.

And I do tease friends for alleged hair loss, and I even want to tease myself a little.  Honestly, I am losing hair! I see it in the shower.  And on the floor.

I want to do better, and ingest better food. I discovered yesterday that babaganoush, which I love, has no protein in it. Why am I wasting belly space on such nonsense?

Equally frivolous is my carb consumption.  I was warned pre-surgery not to focus too much on them, but they're easy to eat!  And eating has become such a chore.  I hate eating! If I didn't have to do it I probably wouldn't.

This entry is boggled because I'm probably not eating enough, aside from cold bean soups in a can.  My body doesn't have enough protein, so even though I know that my period is coming, I'd imagine my body can't find enough protein to even make some blood to expel, so instead I am crazy and venting on this blog and not eating.

Enough for now.

2 comments:

laurenlief said...

Laura, THIS is the bikini picture that proves how amazing you look! You are turning into *such* an MK Olsen!

Laura Darby said...

Well, I am covering my belly in the shot, but thank you.

I lost the pound I gained, but still, no period.