Monday, June 7, 2010
Under 40 at 30
My BMI is officially under 40! Our magical smart scale can't tell the difference between me and Adam. So things on that front are excellent.
I took a bunch of photos at the lake house this last weekend, and for someone who is usually described as "photogenic" they were the ugliest fucking bunch of pictures of me I've ever seen. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is slightly discouraging when you want to see your progress, visibly.
My friend John however did comment that it looked like I'd lost "a lot of weight," so maybe my ex doesn't notice, or my mother, or my father, but A+ for random friends.
There are still a number of people I haven't told, so I use the excuse that I am on a "special wedding diet." This ridiculous piece of bullshit actually seems to work, so when for dinner on Saturday night I ate half a hot dog and half a turkey burger, no one said anything. I'd hope that a "special diet" for anyone wouldn't be compromised of the measly amount that I eat.
Every year I swim across the lake to the beach, which is about a mile. The water is a bit slimy, but not bad at all, and it's one of my favorite routines. Every year someone thinks that they can do it too, because hell, if she can do it, so can I, right? Funnily, though, all these athletic skinnies flounder and struggle about halfway across.
This year was no different in that regard, but for my own swim, the regular ease I feel was replaced by an awkward discomfort. Yes, I was still sore from the workout with Paul the Pain-Bringer on Thursday. But overall, I just felt weird and not like myself at all. This feeling does seem to be a trend.
I still swam back with my friend's girlfriend, who brought a flotation device at my suggestion, and needed it about halfway through despite claiming she wouldn't. She kept talking about "what a workout" the swim had been, and I tried not to laugh, because I'd had to slow down to wait for her more than once! Still, it was easier on the way back (maybe because I was going so slowly?) and I was glad for the exercise.
I'm no longer feeling sickly, but I do realize often that I am nowhere near my protein goals, often forget my afternoon vitamins and my evening iron. I don't want to become anemic, and my energy levels are probably still not what they should be. It still feels a lot more workable now, though, and I'm looking forward to the next month!
And I still have to take my proper progress pictures!
Labels:
exercise,
expectations,
photos
Location:
New York, NY 10027, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG, you are under the 100-to-go mark! That is an awesome milestone!
Post a Comment