It's been over a year since I've posted here, filled with adventures in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
While there, my fiancé and I each lost weight, and also got engaged! We're getting married in December 2010 and I have decided that if I can lose weight eating in Congo when I'm stressed and often unhappy, that I can lose weight in the US too!
Additionally, I love playing video games, and RPGs both alone and with Adam, which is not a hobby conducive to losing weight. Typically on nights when we're playing Dungeons and Dragons, we'll eat crap, visit 7-11 at 2am, and generally sit around, inactive.
We also play World of Warcraft, and pre Congo, we would play for an entire afternoon on the weekends and order in food that we ate, still sitting and playing.
Congo got us up and on our feet a lot more, a habit I'd like to continue. I figure with over a year until our wedding that I can make it a real priority.
I've also been inspired by my friend Al, who has been losing weight by playing Dance Dance Revolution and doing Wii Fit.
Playing video games AND losing weight? Sounds like a deal to me!
\,
Plus, while in the past I've been really gung-ho on deprivation diets, I feel like long-term it will never be sustainable. Adam and I read French Women Don't Get Fat in Congo, so we'll be trying to cook more often.
A longer welcome message than I was intending, but a good beginning nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment