I was proud of myself this morning because I'd been so prepared for the New Year and my resolutions. Last night while getting other ingredients for our New Year Pizza, I also picked up some bananas, some Lara Bars and other raw-type foods. I wanted to make sure that when the New Year came, I'd be prepared for it.
And while everyone ate juevos rancheros and corned beef hash this morning for breakfast after the party, I didn't even want any. In fact, the corned beef hash looked a LOT like dog food, and I was more repulsed than anything else.
So I ate my fruit and veggies and things, and yes, it's the first day of raw and already my digestive track is wreaking havoc on me. But I felt good, and proud of myself.
The real problem came tonight, when Adam and I got a call from Johnny and Azania, asking us to go out to dinner. We picked Indian Café, one of our favorite Upper West Side restaurants that, obviously, serves Indian Food.
But they don't serve salad. Or really anything at all that I can eat while doing raw. Adam was SO keen on my going to dinner and having a nice time, and I'll admit that I buckled and I just wanted to be normal and eat dinner with my friends. I did choose not to order a mango lassi like I usually do, but I still finished my rice like a hungry piggy.
I don't like having cheated on the first day. I sort of wish that Adam understood better my longings to be thinner and healthier. I understand that he loves me the way that I am, but I would prefer to be better for him, at the very least, and more importantly, for me.
It's the first day though, and I'm not going to beat myself up too much. I still ate vegetarian, and relatively healthily, and I drank lots of water and no soda. And for the majority of the day, I ate raw.
Good first steps. This week, I must take measurements and photos for comparison.
No comments:
Post a Comment