Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Keeping Up

You know when you have a blog entry that you want to write, so you open up a window, and think about it and ponder it, and then just don't write it?  That's been me, and every once in a while I'll switch over to the tab, and remember that I have things that I want to say, but realize that it's just a LOT and I get overwhelmed and switch away from the tab again.  So here I am, on a snow-filled New York City evening, taking the time to quickly chronicle my journey with weight loss surgery up to this point.

I'm just that much closer to getting insurance approval, firstly.  I had my abdominal ultrasound two weeks ago, to check and make sure my liver wasn't huge since it'd be a real impediment to surgery.  Aside from being incredibly early in the morning, it wasn't that bad. They use warm gel, and just take a lot of photos. 

The more difficult thing was my psychological evaluation.  There was a bit of a lengthy online questionnaire, but the more difficult part was the 2 hour consultation with the psychologist.  I always find that it's difficult to open up, and to be expected to tell someone who is a relative stranger all of your secrets is a lot to ask of anyone.

What was difficult especially was the real attention to paid to the causes of my weight gain.  Sure,  I might sometimes be compulsive, but I am apparently a binge eater.  I couldn't deny it, but certainly hearing it makes me worry for my future after surgery.  It's something I've since been eyeballing ... how much I eat in a sitting, how far past hunger I am when I continue to eat. 

They're all things that I need to expound on, but for now, sleep.

No comments: