The vegetarian option at my friend's wedding
A big problem for me is eating even after I am no longer hungry. As a child my parents were really keen on enforcing the "clean your plate club" -- which, though probably useful in the Depression when food was scarce, is terrible for growing children because it does teach them to eat past the point of hunger.So, as a part of my new food philosophy, I've been working to STOP eating when I am full. This past fourth of July, at a friend's wedding, the appetizers were delicious! Ergo, I probably ate enough of them for a meal. Especially these plum-brie cheese egg-roll type things... they were just fantastic!!
When the meal came, my vegetarian option was manicotti, which was yummy but I realized as I ate that I really, really wasn't hungry. So I put down my fork, and I stopped eating! This was my leftover food that I left behind and didn't eat!
Bravo!
Special events and traveling are always difficult because you're out of your element, everything revolves around eating and you don't have your workout stuff with you.
Dancing at weddings is always a good start, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment