I actually exercise willingly and frequently, but it did seem a bit cruel as Lady Gaga blared in the background and we waved our flabby arms in the air. I actually did better than most of the people there -- my aerobic level is pretty high, even when I'm not wearing a sports bra and my breasts are flapping around and my jeans are falling down and flashing all the other fatties in the room my red heart-speckled thong panties.
That felt good, to offset the fact that, according to St. Luke's scale, I had gained nearly two pounds since I was last at their offices. Jarring, especially, since, according to the Wii Fit, I had LOST two pounds! Another reason that you should really not be weighing yourself daily.
Honestly, though, since I decided on getting the surgery, the two pounds didn't affect me as much as it might have a couple of months ago, when it would have been overwhelmingly discouraging. I feel more "sure" of progress now, and yes, I know all about the work I will have to do post-op. But overall, my hard work will be more likely to pay off.
Frustratingly, a big part of the lecture was about Fast Food, and healthy options if you INSIST on eating at places like Taco Bell, Wendy's, McDonald's, etc. I'm sure that these restaurants have made people fat, but the reverse is not also true -- being fat doesn't mean you eat at these places. I don't! I'm fat because I eat past the point of hunger, traditionally haven't exercised, and yes,
Speaking of which, this past Monday, Adam and I both resumed our Wii Fit routines. In typical gender-bias, since our last workouts in December I had gained 5 pounds, and Adam had only gained 1. We're pretty sure our Wii Fit board is a bit broken, since the left side is always unhappy, but it does feel good to be back on the wagon.
On Friday, I'll have my Abdominal Ultrasound (another prerequisite of surgery) to determine the size of my liver and whether it will complicate surgery. No boozing it up before then!!
I've got my 2nd consultation with the doctor scheduled, too, as well as my Psych Evaluation. It'll be difficult to feel "graded" based on my responses about weight questions, but I don't think I'll have any trouble being frank about it! Hehe.
With two more months of Food, Fitness, First, I'm looking at a late March/April surgery date. So, fingers crossed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment